We love to play outside and want to share that passion with others. Our goal is to provide a premiere outpost for year round, non-motorized outdoor adventures in the Rocky Mountains. We offer professional instruction, guided adventures, and certification courses.
We consider our staff to be one of our most valuable assets. This wonderful group of individuals really make the day special with their wealth of knowledge, concern for safety, and passion for adventure. Check out guide bios to learn more about their travels, training and experience.
RMOC ownership is available to staff members. This relationship offers guides the opportunity to build actual equity for their hard work. And in return, we are blessed with committed, experienced, and motivated staff members that continue to offer incredible experiences to our guests.
At RMOC we understand the importance of protecting our natural resources. We try our best to minimize our impact on the environment and to encourage others to do the same. The following list shows the conservation programs that we participate in.
- Recycling– We recycle all plastic, glass, tin, aluminum, steel, cardboard, and office paper at the local center. We also recycle our old electronic devices.
- Bike Shuttle– Whenever possible we use bicycles to shuttle the vehicle for your trip. This helps to reduce the carbon footprint of your trip and also helps to keep us healthy and happy. We like to say that ‘we ride up mountains so that you can paddle down rivers’
- 1% for the Planet – Proud to contribute a portion of sales to the Arkansas River Conservation Cooperative (ARCC). This local organization is devoted to maintaining a clean and viable watershed in the Upper Arkansas River Basin.
- Leave No Trace– We practice LNT technique on all trips to ensure a better experience for travelers to come.
- Reduce Plastic– Our gift shop is currently 99% plastic free. NO disposable bags or bottles.
If you have a passion for outdoor adventure and enjoy working with people, then you should consider employment at RMOC. Applicants should be at least 21 years of age and have personal experience with outdoor activities. Certifications are required and we do offer in house certification courses throughout the year.
Compensation: $15-$25/hour based on qualifications and experience. Overtime options available. Housing options available. Access to professional instruction and certification in a variety of outdoor activities. Surrounded by world class whitewater, 14,000 ft. peaks, and incredible rock climbing and mountain biking!
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kayak Instructor: Must be certified in kayak instruction by the ACA or equivalent body. Minimum First Aid/CPR medical training. SWR and WFA/WFR training preferred.
- Climbing Guide: Must be certified in single pitch climbs by the AMGA or equivalent body. Minimum First Aid/CPR medical training. WFA or WFR preferred.
- Raft Guide: Must complete minimum guide qualifications established by ROL. Must also pass a check-out run performed by qualified trainer. Minimum First Aid/CPR medical training. SWR and WFA/WFR training preferred.
- Mountain Bike Guide: Certified guide by the BICP is preferred. Minimum WFR medical training.
- SUP/Surf Instructor: Must be certified in SUP instruction by the ACA or equivalent body. Minimum First Aid/CPR medical training. SWR and WFA/WFR training preferred.
- Ski/Splitboard Guide: Avalanche Safety and Rescue certifications required. Minimum WFR medical training.
- Office Staff: Should have a personal interest in outdoor activities and willing to participate in any of the trips that we offer. Must be friendly and well organized.
- Logistics Coordinator: This person is responsible for coordinating daily logistics, mostly associated with vehicles and shuttles. Must be able to drive a manual transmission and confidently backup a trailer. Willingness to ride an e-bike for up to 10 miles/day. Ability to do basic maintenance work. Friendly, hard working, and self motivated.
A waiver of liability must be signed by all participants. To view a PDF version of our release form, Click Here.
To view a PDF version of our cancellation policy, Click Here.