- You are a Professional Member of the AMGA.
- You have a genuine interest in rock climbing and instructing novices on single pitch crags.
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the course.
- You have at least 12 months prior climbing experience.
- You are an active climber with traditional lead climbing experience (leader placing pro).
- You have led a minimum of 15 traditional rock climbing routes (any grade).
- You are capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope.
The Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Program teaches climbing instructors to proficiently facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting. The SPI is the only internationally recognized single pitch climbing instructor certification program in the United States.
Various sites in the Arkansas River Valley. Course meets at RMOC: 23850 US HWY 285 S. Buena Vista, CO. 81211.
SPI Course: June 8 – 10 (3 Day Course)
SPI Exam: tbd
SPI Course: $545
SPI Exam: $425
Includes on-site camping and AMGA manual and other fees